Your Instagram profile is a window into what your brand stands for. It is crucial to ensure that your profile follows all the best practices and effectively reflects the identity of your brand.
It can drive traffic to your website and it can help you acquire new customers to increase your sales. Your Instagram profile is very much like the home page of your website. It forms the first impression of what your brand is all about and that can potentially make or break your brand. That is why it is worth spending time and efforts to set it up properly. Here is a complete guide on how to set up a winning Instagram profile.
- Having a unique and recognisable username makes it easy for your users to find and remember. Also it is important that your username resembles your business name as closely possible to improve your discoverability.
- As far as possible your all social profile usernames (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) should be the same.
Bio is the only in-app information that enables users to make the decision of following you. It offers you a chance to tell your users something unique about your brand, how you are different and what value you provide.
- It is more likely that the users will follow you if you keep it short & sweet and be authentic at the same time. It is always a good idea to use your branded hashtag in your bio.
- As far as possible you should include a call-to-action in your bio such as “Shop Now” or “Click Here” etc.
- Pro-Tip: Include coupon code in the bio. This is particularly relevant when you are running a sale or during the festive season.
Bottom line is that your bio is a window into what your brand stands for. It should effectively reflect the identity of your brand in a crisp and authentic manner.
- Profile picture marks the identity of your brand. Brands generally use their logo (preferably sans any text) as the profile image.
- Profile image dimensions are 110 x 110 for mobile and 180 x 180 for desktop. So make sure you get the dimensions correct when you are editing your profile photo.
- It is always a good idea to use higher resolution images with greater resolution than required for mobile.
- Adding a link to your description section will make it easy for followers to go straight to your website.
- To do so, go to “Edit Profile” and enter your link in the “Website” field and tap on the check mark.
Connect with Facebook:
- Cross-promotion across networks helps you in growing your follower base. Make sure your Instagram profile is in sync with your Facebook profile.
Incent Social’s Instagram marketing suite helps you create compelling brand stories and build a strong community around your brand. With our app, you can now incentivize your customers to share their photos, selfies, endorsements on Instagram and publish them as stunning shoppable galleries. You can learn more about us here.